AAG 2017 Member Show
May 9 through June 16
Aiken Center for the Arts
122 Laurens St. SW
Aiken, SC 29801
Registration Opens: January 15
Registration Deadline: April 24 by midnight
Drop off: Saturday, May 6
Pick Up Unaccepted: Monday, May 8
Reception: Thursday, May 11 from 6 to 8 pm
Pick Up Accepted: Saturday, June 17 from 10am to noon
Rules for Entry
• Open to all paid members of AAG.
• One (A) or two (A and B) pieces can be registered online by midnight, April 24.
• Entry fee is $20 per artist for one or two pieces.
• You may enter 2 original pieces no larger than 48”x48”, labeling one piece A and one B. No artwork is to be labeled NFS. The second piece, labeled B, may be juried out due to gallery space constraints. The first, A, will not be juried out.
• Only original works of art not previously shown at the Aiken Center for the Arts will be accepted. One exception: a piece shown once in the AAG Gallery can be in the Member Show.
Note: Artwork produced in a workshop/class is not considered original and is not to be submitted for the show.
• Works may be produced in any medium and be two-dimensional or three-dimensional.
• 2D pieces must be suitably framed with wire for hanging. Gallery wrapped canvas (1” minimum depth) will be accepted.
• 3D pieces must weigh no more than 50 pounds. Entries must be transportable, no larger than 48”x48”, and able to be hung in the Center, if applicable.
• Absolutely no exhibited art may be removed prematurely from the show unless approved by ACA.
• All artwork selected for the show will be insured by the ACA. The AAG reserves the right to decline any work. The receipt of an entry into the show will constitute an agreement by the artist with the conditions set forth in this prospectus. The Guild and the ACA reserve the right to photograph and reproduce any entry for promotional purposes.
• Take an image of your artwork before framing so you have it when you win an award! Members winning awards will be required to supply a JPEG of winning pieces for the website.
The Aiken Center for the Arts will take a 40% commission on all sales.
Meet the Judge
Scott Thorp is an artist, writer and educator specializing in creativity. As Chair of the Department of Art at Augusta University, he’s actively working to build the creative community in the Augusta area. Currently, he is a contributing writer and consulting editor for ArtPulse Magazine, an international magazine covering the state of contemporary art. With an MFA in drawing and painting from the Mount Royal Graduate School at The Maryland Institute College of Art, he has exhibited often in museums and galleries in the Mid-Atlantic region of the U.S., including the Corcoran Gallery of Art.
$300 Best of Show (Phil Permar Award)
$100 Best Aiken Scene (William P. Colgate Award)
$150 People’s Choice Award (Van Zile Award)
$50 New Member Award (Contributed by Ed Warner)
Specific Award Categories
2-Dimensional, 3-Dimensional, Photography
Register by midnight on April 24. Pay the entry fee of $20 online or by check to: Aiken Artist Guild PO Box 148 Aiken, SC 29802. Click here to download registration.